Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Easter is a time of sacrifice, where Jesus gave up His life for us and died in our place of death.

I remember back a year ago where i ran a Coffee Shop at my church which at the time had a Community Support Services. Once a week i was there and when people had gone inside and got their parcels, on their way out i would invite them to stay and have a drink and a chat.
One time i spoke to this small, happy, Phillipino lady. She was telling me how she had a son in school, how he loved to play sports and that he was doing well at school. She told me the hardships and troubles that she had in her life. She went on to say that she struggles to pay for her sons school bills and that it tore her apart that her son couldnt play sport for any club because she couldnt affort for him to join a club.
She payed $150 a fortnight on her rent, yet she only receieved $200 a fortnight. Tell me, what money does that leave for food... phone bills... electricity bills... clothes and all the necessities for everyday life?
Her struggles really hit me hard and I made she sure that she would come and get a parcel as often as she needed and that i would be praying for her!
She smiled and on her way out, stopped next to a table where we had a "Prayer Request Box". She leaned over... reached to her pocket, pulled out her wallet and put $1.15c in it!
What SACRIFICE!!!!
As she looked backed at me and waved, i was speechless and could only try to cover tears with a smile.

Jesus gave HIMSELF for us! He gave ALL that he possessed along with His throne in Heaven to come down to Earth and died a brutal death where he would be hung on a cross for our sins.
He did this becuase time and time again we failed Him. "For all have sinned and have fallen short of the glory od God"- Romans 3:23.

This Easter reflect on Jesus love for YOU and how His death brings you life!

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life i live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me- Galatians 2:20

Much grace,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment